Rooster Walk Inc.’s COVID Safety Plan
Rooster Walk Inc. places the utmost importance on the safety of its patrons, artists, staff and volunteers during events. That’s one of the reasons that we held zero concerts for well over a year. We have been, and will continue to be, in constant contact with employees from the Virginia Department of Health to ensure that we are operating within their safety guidelines. Since these guidelines are constantly evolving, the safety plan below may evolve, too. Rooster Walk Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this plan, and the enforcement of this plan, at any time.
Our goal is to usher in the return of live music to our Martinsville-Henry County home in a safe, family friendly, enjoyable manner.
Reduction in Capacity
All of Rooster Walk’s spring and summer shows will be held in the main stage amphitheater at Pop’s Farm. This viewing area, which has hosted more than 5,000 fans at one time for past festival headliners, will be limited to no more than 30% capacity, based on current state health laws.
Precautions & Protocols
- Box Office Health Screenings: Before entering Pop’s Farm, all patrons will engage in a health screening questionnaire. Patrons who have who have been diagnosed with COVID, or display COVID symptoms, will be issued a full refund and not allowed to enter. These symptoms include fever, cough or gastro-intestinal issues. Patrons will not be allowed to enter if they have had direct contact with a COVID-positive person, or are suspected to have been exposed to the virus in the past 14 days.
- Masks & Social Distancing: All patrons inside the venue will be required to wear face masks or face coverings. In addition, patrons will be required to remain socially distant from all individuals who are not in their traveling or camping party. Rooster Walk will have dedicated staff members who will enforce these requirements throughout the event’s duration.
- Gold & GA Lawn Patron Areas: Rooster Walk’s spring and summer concerts will not be “pod shows.” However, social distancing will still be required and enforced. One method to help mitigate over-crowding of the patron space immediately in front of the stage is our implementation of Gold & Silver viewing areas. The Gold area will be a fenced-in section of our main stage amphitheater immediately in front of the stage. This Gold area’s maximum capacity will be limited by the finite number of tickets we put on sale for the Gold section. In addition, our event security staff will monitor the entry and exit points of the Gold section to ensure that only patrons with Gold section tickets can enter. The GA Lawn section will be the rest of our sprawling main stage amphitheater, including the “Shady Viewing Area” beneath the trees that sits to one side of the amphitheater. This will allow an abundance of space for Lawn section patrons to spread out and practice social distancing.
- Handwashing stations: Rooster Walk will offer numerous handwashing stations with soap and hand sanitizer through the venue. These stations will be monitored to ensure they remain stocked with supplies (water, soap, paper towels, etc.) and regularly sanitized by our Sanitation Team.
- Sanitation Team: Rooster Walk will employ a crew of staffers and volunteers dedicated to the constant cleaning and sanitizing of all public facilities. Most notably, these will include porta johns, hand washing stations and surfaces commonly touched by the public, including points of sale (box office, beer tent, etc.), benches, tables, etc. In addition, this team will monitor trash and recycling receptacles throughout the event, changing trash bags, etc., as needed.
- Package beverages: Instead of offering draft beverages, Rooster Walk will exclusively sell packaged products (beer, water, etc.) This will reduce the risk of cross contamination that might exist otherwise.
- Signage: Throughout the venue, as well as at points of entry, Rooster Walk will post public signage that details Covid- and safety-related rules, regulations and expectations. Patrons who do not abide by these guidelines are subject to expulsion from the event, without refund.
- PSAs: Rooster Walk is an advocate of all members of the general population getting vaccinated for COVID, though we do not think less of those who chose not to for personal reasons. As a company, we will promote through our social media channels, the benefits and importance of getting vaccinated, as well as opportunities to do so. During an event, our on-stage emcees will make regular PSA announcements reminding patrons of our COVID regulations and rules.
- Communication with health officials: Rooster Walk will continue to maintain constant communication with state and local health officials regarding our events’ safety plans, and the execution of those plans. Rooster Walk reserves the right to make changes to our safety plan, and safety rules for these events, at any time.
- Artist/Staff/Volunteer safety: Enforcing safety rules and regulations on patrons is not enough to make an event safe. Rooster Walk will require all staff and volunteers to abide by the rules. Special accommodations will be made for artist safety, including regular sanitation of on-stage equipment, as needed, and backstage social distancing. A buffer zone of at least 10 feet will separate the stage from patrons.