The Kids’ Coop
Presented in partnership with American National Bank
What do you do in your backyard? Have adventures to faraway lands? Make science projects that explode everywhere? Examine bugs with your magnifying glass? Or do you blow bubbles until you can’t exhale anymore? In Rooster Walk’s backyard, we do all that and more! Our goal in the Kids’ Coop is to have fun while teaching everyone (young and old) the importance of using and reusing items around the house. Presented in partnership with American National Bank, the Kids’ Coop offers a wide variety of constant activities throughout the weekend, including arts and crafts, open mic sessions, live music on the Kids Stage, a slip’n’slide, a Mommy & Me Tent (a private space for young and expecting mothers), a playground and so much more!
We are so glad that you’re comfortable bringing your entire family to RW! Our festival family strives to make everything family friendly, particularly in the Kids’ Coop. Our staff is ready to help you and your young ones explore creativity through crafts, bubbles, treasure hunts and music. With that said, we do not provide drop-off childcare to anyone. We ask that you stay with your child at all times. Unattended children will be given espressos and puppies.
EXAMPLES OF PAST KIDS’ COOP ACTIVITIES
– ‘Mommy & Me Tent’ for babies/ nursing moms and toddlers (all weekend)
– Chalkboard (9 am to dark – Fri/Sat/Sun)
– Playground (9 am to dark – Thr/Fri/Sat/Sun)
- Numerous bands on the Kids’ Coop Stage!
- Arts and crafts available all day, every day
- Family Music Time with Carla
- Open Mics
- Slip & Slide
- Stories and Songs with Maya Burgess and Friends
- Professional magic show
- Mural Painting hosted by Heal With HeARTS
- Drum circles
- Kids Parade w/ the PHCC Jazz Band
- Teen Party: Silent Disco with DJWhat!
- Comedy Improve Workshop